If you take a look around your favorite produce department or farmer’s market, you may notice that it’s the height of strawberry season, making it a perfect time to use those bright, sweet berries in as many recipes as possible. This strawberry chicken salad pairs tender chicken with beautiful berries to give you a delicious, nutritious entree.
Last year, my favorite strawberry recipe was a no-bake strawberry cheesecake. Since I made a dessert with the fresh berries back then, I thought I’d switch things up this year and make a healthy entree instead. This chicken salad is low carb, gluten-free, and packed with protein, but it’s incredibly delicious, too.
This chicken salad was a part of my Kohl’s healthy #MakeYourMove initiative, one that also gave me the perfect excuse to use these elegant wooden bowls I picked up at Kohl’s. Not that I’d ever need an arm-twisting to find an opportunity to pull out some unique dinnerware.
- 8 cups of mixed lettuce
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ⅓ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup red onions, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Heat and prepare a large pan with butter or oil over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for about 5-10 minutes per side or until chicken is slightly to crisp/brown on both sides and has cooked through with no pink remaining inside.
- Let chicken cool slightly then chop into small pieces.
- Toss chicken and remaining salad ingredients together.
- Puree strawberries then combine with other ingredients.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients until combined.
Feast your eyes and your bellies. Hope you enjoy this tasty recipe!
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl’s.5