Low Carb Breakfast Bars
I’ve been a fan of easy, grab and go breakfast bars since the days when my mother would leave one with a glass of milk waiting for me. Considering how much I’m missing them and how sick of eating eggs for breakfast I am, I set out on making Low Carb Breakfast Bars.
I love these breakfast bars because they are beyond easy to make and they are SO tasty. They are firm but still melt in your mouth just like a dense peanut butter cookie.
I do love me a good peanut butter and chocolate combo too. Now I have to stop myself from getting too obsessed with these peanut butter bars of deliciousness.
Make it at home
- Almond Meal – Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal
- Flaxseed Meal – Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- Chocoloate Chips – Hershey’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- Sweetener – Swerve Sweetener
- Chia Seeds – Navitas Naturals Raw Chia Seeds
Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars - Low Carb
- 1 cup peanut butter preferably chunky
- 1/2 cup Swervesweetener
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips sugar free
- 2 eggs whites
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8×8 pan or baking dish with parchment paper. Leave a little extra on the sides to use as handles to removing the bars when finished.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into 8×8 pan and press it into the pan so that it's flattened.
- Bake for 10-15. Let cool then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars, serve and keep remaining bars refrigerated.
Serving size: 1 bar (Total recipe makes about 12 servings)
Protein 11.10g, Cals 305, Fat 23.50g, Carbs 16.16g, Fiber 5.46g, Sugar Alcohols 4.67g — NET CARBS: 6.03g