My Simple Cannoli Parfaits
Parfaits and summer – they go together perfectly. But do you know what makes an even better combination? Cannoli Parfaits! They are made with a simple cannoli cream, chocolate chips, and pistachios. The best part is that the extras (chocolate chips and pistachios) can be easily substituted or removed.
I love cannolis. What can I say? I’m always looking for new ways to throw its unique sweet flavor into more dishes like my Low Carb Cannoli Bites. Cannoli cream is a favorite of mine, so making Cannoli Parfaits is perfect!
It all starts with the cannoli cream, then you chop of some pistachios to make them more bite sized – this really does make it easier when chewing on this delicious dessert.
Totally easy, and totally delish. These Cannoli Parfaits are just perfect. Don’t forget that you don’t even need to turn on your oven!
Make it at home
- Powdered Sweetener – Swerve Sweetener, Confectioners
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips – Hershey’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups ricotta
- ⅓ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅔ cup sweetener, powdered
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
- Using an electric mixer, combine ricotta, lemon, vanilla, almond and sweetener. Mix until fluffy and forming peaks.
- Place about 5 spoonfuls of cannoli cream in the bottom of four small-medium size glasses.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of pistachios.
- Add a second layer of cannoli cream by adding another 3-4 spoonfuls.
- Top with about 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips.
- Chill up to 1 hour.
Protein 18.45g, Cals 393, Carbs 19.93g, Fiber 2.95g, Sugar Alcohol 9.28g — NET CARBS: 7.70g
Hey I’d love to make these but what is powered sweetener?
Assistant Becca says
Sonya, powdered sweetener is sometimes called confectioner’s sugar or powdered sugar. I use a powdered sweetener substitute called Swerve.