Quick and easy low carb breakfast casserole that can easily be prepped the night before.
Simple Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
This isn’t your typical hash brown filled, boring casserole, it’s the low carb breakfast casserole that you’ll get requests for seconds and raves from your pickiest eaters.
Believe it or not, but breakfast casseroles are a new concept for me. I more recently have been trying to up my breakfast game. In doing so I’ve tried thinking outside the box.
My goal has been to find new recipes that aren’t just eggs with some chicken or bacon. I was getting sick and tired of that.
That’s when I decided to branch out into casseroles. Simple, interest mixtures with my favorite flavors.
Your next keto breakfast casserole
This casserole is simple, easy, and a great way to start your day. Most breakfast casseroles are filled with hash browns or chunks of bread that get soggy and add unwanted carbs.
We don’t want that. But I know I’d miss that lovely texture from those carbs. So I decided to sub them for steamed cauliflower and build off of the same flavors I love about frittatas.
Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
- 11 eggs
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets cut into thirds
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 3/4 lb bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 350 and grease 9x13 inch pan.
- Cook bacon and sausage until reaching desired doneness. Crumble both into about 1 inch pieces.
- Steam cauliflower for 3-8 minutes until tender.
- Saute onions, peppers and any other vegetables in lightly oiled skillet.
- Stir together vegetables, bacon, sausage, and seasonings.
- Spread the mixture in the pan.
- Lightly beat eggs with hot sauce, pour them into pan and top with cheese.
- Bake casserole 30-35 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
NET CARBS: 4.86g