Low Carb Scones
I haven’t been able to get blueberry scones out of my head since stopping by a small coffee shop for a quick cup of jo and seeing them in the window display right next the the register.
The glimmer for the crunchy sugar on top is what really caught my eye but it was the EAT ME screams that kept me gazing. If you can’t tell, I’m a bit fond of coffee and a HUGE scone lover.
After messing with the mixture and throwing in different amounts of almond and coconut flour I was able to get these scrumptious low carb scones down pat! There soft with crispy and flaky edges but still tender and moist.
They would remind you of cake but with the crumble and density you love from my low carb strawberry muffins. It’s so shocking how these scones can be low carb, grain free, gluten free AND vegan. Not that you could tell when devouring them.
Trust that if you combine a god cup of coffee with one of these scones, you’ll have a tasty and delightful morning.
Make it at home
- Sweetener – Swerve Sweetener
- Coconut Flour – Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flour
- Almond flour – Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- Coconut Oil – Viva Labs Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Low Carb Blueberry Scones
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add solid coconut oil into mixture until fully combined and slightly crumbly.
- Mix in sweetener to flour bowl.
- Add milk and mix until the mixture is evenly combined and moistened.
- Slowly and gently fold in blueberries.
- Transfer dough to lined baking sheet and work dough into a bal. Press into a neat 10″ disc and cut into equal wedges with a very sharp knife. Sprinkle sweetener or drizzle blueberry puree.
- Bake scones for 17-20 minutes or until they have browned and start to crisp.
- Remove pan from oven and allow scones to cool for several minutes before seperating.
Serving size: 1 Scone (Total recipe makes 8 servings)
Protein 8.25g, Cals 250, Fat 18.13, Carbs 16.75g, Fiber 8.58g — NET CARBS: 8.17g
NOTE: I'd usually skip my dessert for the day considering how many carbs they have and the fact that their pretty sweet.