Quick, easy, loaded protein muffins you are going to LOVE. Maybe because I just shoved three of these in my mouth, but I have to say, they are officially my favorite muffins. They smell fantastic, they look adorable (the loaded chunks of strawberries), and they taste amazing.
My delicious low carb muffin recipe could easily be considered dessert. Nothing wrong with that, considering that they are still healthy and low carb.
I used almond flour in my muffins instead of regular baking flour. I also decided to make a delicious pecan streusel to give that perfect little crunch with every moist bite.
Make it at home
- Honey – Honeytree’s Sugar Free Imitation Honey
- Chopped Pecans – Diamond Chopped Pecans-8 oz
- Muffin Tin – Norpro 12 Cup Nonstick Standard Muffin Pan
- 6 eggs
- 2¼ cups almond flour
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup sweetener
- ¼ cup sugar free artificial honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- For the streusel:
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans (or any other nuts)
- 1 tablespoon sugar free honey
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking soda and salt. Slowly add in eggs, honey, butter and vanilla. Make sure all ingredients are blended thoroughly. Fold in strawberries, making sure not to puree the starberries.
- In a separate bowl, mix streusel ingredient and set aside.
- Pour batter evenly amond the muffin liners and lightly sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Protein 9.08g, Cals 279, Carbs 22.12g, Fiber 4.75g, Sugar Alcohol 10.50g — NET CARBS: 6.88g