My Rhubarb Salad Recipe
For some odd reason people tend to only experiment with rhubarb when their trying to make a dessert. Yes, mixing large amounts of sugar does compliment the tartness of Rhubarb but that doesn’t mean it should be limited to a dessert.
Rhubarb is a vegetable so why not use it well, as a vegetable? That’s the question that popped in my head and gave me the inspiration to create a tart, tangy and sweet salad.
Combining blue cheese and white wine vinegar make the most lovely vinaigrette and truly makes the best compliment to the sweet yet still slightly tart rhubarb.
What interesting creations have you made with rhubarb?
Make it at home
- Sweetener – Swerve Sweetener
- 4 ounces of spinach
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅓ cup blue cheese
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small to medium saucepan combine sweetener, ginger, rhubab and water on medium heat. Cover once it begins to bubble and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- For the dressing: mash the blue cheese into the white wine vinegar. Add in olive oil and whisk until well combined.
- Place spinach into bowls or all of spinach into a larger bowl. Top with rhubarb and blue cheese vinaigrette.
Serving size: 1 serving (Total recipe makes about 2 servings)
Protein 3.00g, Cals 550, Fat 26.00g, Carbs 7.50g, Fiber 2.25g — NET CARBS: 5.25g