Low Carb Chicken Soup
There seems to be a case of the sniffles going around and of course I was one of the unlucky few to get it. While looking over at the empty box of tissues I knew I was in need of some healing comfort food.
And what better antidote for a cold then some good ol’ chicken soup. So, I ran to the grocery store and picked up some veggies that I know would make a great combination and hopefully boost my immune system.
The ingredients are flexible. If you aren’t to crazy about of the ingredients then feel free to change it out to something you might like better.
This low carb chicken soup was quick, easy and absolutely delicious. There’s something about steaming savory broth with tender bites of chicken and vegetables that I just can’t get enough of.
Especially when I’m feeling sick and bed ridden. The best part about a soup like this is that you just chop, throw them in a pot, cover with water, and let it simmer for about an hour and half.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken breasts, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup yellow squash, chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- ½ cup green beans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- celery salt (optional)
- In a large pot, combine chicken, chicken broth, celery, yellow squash, zucchini, onions, green beans, basil, and salt. Add chicken broth, make sure it covers ingredients, add water as needed.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and leave covered for about 90 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Season with black pepper and celery salt, as needed.
Protein 48.58g, Cals 247, Fat 4.58g, Carbs 7.75g, Fiber 3.40g — NET CARBS: 4.35g