Low Carb Broccoli Salad
This low carb broccoli salad is truly divine. I brought this to a potluck at my apartment complex and it was a huge hit. Most broccoli salad recipes call for sugar in the dressing, but I decided to go for savory. Which makes it low carb friendly and better for you and me.
My favorite part about this recipe is that the dressing uses mayonnaise as a base. You’re probably wonder why and it’s because most mayonnaise has a whopping 0 carbs but pack a tasty punch without over consuming the other flavors. The different flavors in this recipe each bring their own unique component that take this recipe from OK to delicious.
Most broccoli recipes suggest to serve immediately, which you could, but refrigerating it for at least an hour gives the flavors ample time to combine. A great part of this broccoli salad is that it makes a good base for any customizing you’d like to make like adding in ham, sunflower kernels, or cashews.
- 6 cups broccoli
- ⅓ small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red vinegar
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, bacon, onion, and almonds.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper, in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and stir until evenly coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or until ready to serve.
Protein 5.94g, Cals 287, Fat 26.73g, Carbs 4.83g, Fiber 2.12g — NET CARBS: 2.70g