Today’s recipe is on behalf of #CollectiveBias and the #lovemyvinegar campaign, but all the Italian vinegar loving expressed here are mine.
Brussels sprouts always seem to be one of those veggies that get a bad reputation. I always hear how bitter and stinky they are but if you prepare them well without over cooking then you can actually get a tasty nutrition packed dish. And it’ll taste good, really good.
Always eating broccoli and cauliflower can be a drag so being able to sneak new veggies into my weekly menu is a necessity. It’s especially great when I can find ways to make a veggie into a tasty dish with the use of decently low carb tweaks like olive oil and seasoned white wine vinegar.
Olive oil and seasoned white wine vinegar can really make a difference when it comes to flavor. I know some of you are thinking, “olive oil for flavor?”
Yes, olive oil is a great choice for oiling your pan and adding an elegant flavor when stir-frying veggies. While seasoned white wine vinegar can add a unique lightly sweetened mild vinegar flavor.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed and cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 tablespoon De Nigris Italian Seasoned White Wine Vinegar
- pepper and salt, to taste
- Heat frying pan with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Steam Brussels sprouts in a medium bowl with water for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts to frying pan and stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Add garlic and seasoned white wine vinegar to Brussel sprouts and toss to combine. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with salt and pepper to taste.
Protein 4.05g, Fat 7.38g, Cals 118, Carbs 12.45g, Fiber 4.28g -- NET CARBS: 8.17g
Your Chance to Try it! – De Nigris Giveaway
I was able to find the seasoned white wine vinegars and balsamic vinegar at Walmart in the vinegar aisle near the ketchup. The De Nigris vinegars are healthy and made with natural ingredients. Give them a try and enter the $400 gift basket giveaway below!1