I know mason jar salads hit their prime over a year ago. But you know what? They’re new to me! After my usual browsing on Pinterest I was trying to think of a recipe I could make for myself that would work well for the next 1-2 days for lunch and I combined my Cobb salad craving and fascination of mason jar creations. And it was brilliant!
The key to mason jar salads is the order you put your ingredients. You have to make sure the dressing is at the bottom, lettuce on top, and the goods in the middle.
If you’re more of the type of person that would rather have it all ready instead of preparing it yourself, try one of Panera’s salads. As I mentioned in my previous post, Panera Bread Favorites, by the end of 2016 they’ll remove all artificial preservatives, colors, sweeteners and flavors from their food menu.
Panera Bread really understands promoting wellness while remaining delicious.They strive to create good food that you not only crave but that’s truly good for you. The type of food that will make the rest of you feel as good as your taste buds.
Their dishes are made with fresh, seasonal, clean ingredients. Which is exactly why they’re one of my top on-the-go wellness favorites!
- 8 tablespoons Ranch
- 2 cups chopped avocado
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 5 hard boiled eggs, sliced or chopped
- 1 cup bacon, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons cheese, cheddar or blue cheese
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- Divide all of the ingredients evenly among four Mason jars, starting with the dressing at the bottom and lettuce last so it remains on top.
- If eating immediately, shake to coat salad items with dressing. If not, refrigerate for up to 1-2 days.
This post was brought to you by Panera Bread. I received compensation to write this post…all opinions expressed are my own.21