This chicken and vegetable casserole recipe is a part of a Classico #FamilyFavorites hosted by the social shopper media company #CollectiveBias. This is my story with my opinions.
Chicken & Vegetable Casserole
With school just around the corner, I am all about spending my time relaxing and cutting back on complicated recipes. Which is why I decided to make such a simple dinner.
This casserole has basic ingredients that a lot of you likely have on hand or can easily pickup at your local grocery store; chicken, zucchini, yellow squash and shredded mozzarella. If you happen to have a Walmart nearby, even better!
Walmart is where I picked up my can of Classico Family Favorites Traditional sauce. The best part is that their marinara sauce has a 1/2 cup of veggies per serving and it packs a real punch of flavor.
With these basic ingredients you can whip up this low carb chicken casserole whenever you need something easy to prepare for dinner. This low carb chicken casserole combines delicious summer vegetables with marinara sauce and chunks of chicken to make a great tasting dinner for any night of the week.
To make things even tastier the casserole is topped with a layer of dried herbs and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Anyone up for a scoop? Well how about a plateful?
- 2½ cups chicken, cooked
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 cup Classico Family Favorites Traditional
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer the chicken in the bottom of casserole dish. Next, add a layer of zucchini and yellow squash.
- Dump in the marinara sauce and top with cheeses until completely covered.
- Sprinkle the basil and oregano on top.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the cheese has started to golden on top.
Protein 38.98g, Cals 403, Fat 22.15g, Carbs 10.00g, Fiber 1.50g — NET CARBS: 8.50g
Note: If you looking to cut a few extra carbs, substitute sauce for tomato paste with very low sugar content.