My Caprese Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I’ve been noticing tons of tasty caprese salads and kabob recipes taking over Pinterest and pretty much every blog on the internet. It’s one of those perfect Summer dishes that everyone loves.
Caprese salads have always been one of my favorite appetizers at restaurants so I know first hand how delicious they are. Considering my love for caprese salads and cravings from seeing them so often lately, I decided it would be on the top of my menu to-do list.
I wanted to try something a little different from the common layered caprese salad with layers of tomato, mozzarella, and basil with drizzled balsamic. But of course I wanted to take it for my a spin, so I added some grilled and then slightly cooled chicken in a fresh lettuce wrap.
Tossing a classic caprese salad with chicken in a lettuce wrap was totally refreshing and simple. Originally, I intended on making my own balsamic reduction but all of the balsamic vinegars were a bit to carby for my choosing.
So alternatively I looked over at the salad dressing and found that most of the balsamic vinaigrettes were at least half the carbs and would definitely save me tons of time on preparation.
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mozzarella balls, halved
- ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Grill and dice chicken according to personal preference. Arrange the pieces on a plate and let it cool completely.
- Remove the large outer leaves from the head of lettuce and take about 4 smaller leaves from the center of each head of lettuce. It's easier to peel off the leaves if you cut the stem of each leaf and peel them directly from the stem. Feel free to trim the leaves into cups with kitchen scissors or by hand.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, mozzerella balls, tomatoes and basil.
- Fill lettuce cups and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
Protein 22.50g, Cals 326, Fat 23.65g, Carbs 4.50g, Fiber 0.50g — NET CARBS: 4.00g
Leave a Reply