Low Carb Ice Cream
After seeing what a hit my Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet was during this blistering hot Summer, I decided to hit the kitchen once again to create a delicious low carb ice cream. When I started playing with this recipe I knew I had a few criteria to meet mainly being that it had to be easy to make without an ice cream maker and only use less than a handful of ingredients. So, I did just that! I created a sweet and delicious three-ingredient ice cream thats perfectly easy to make, even for those of us without an ice cream maker. You may be wondering what are these magical ingredients that can be whipped into perfectly rich and creamy low carb ice cream, while remaining totally vegan and nut free.
Coconut Milk. Sweetener. Vanilla Extract.
What? You didn’t know that coconut milk can make some of the tastiest low carb ice cream? Well, I didn’t either until a few weeks ago, when I saw coconut milk being used as the base for a sugar free ice cream pop. I can only hope to find more delicious ideas for ice cream bases, sooner rather than later.
Make it at home
- Sweetener – Swerve Sweetener
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- ⅔ cup sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chill coconut milk cans for at least 4 hours.
- Remove coconut milk cans from the refrigerator and pour off the liquid remaining, leaving only the the milk fat.
- Combine coconut milk fat, sweetener and vanilla extract in a blender and blend until well combined and creamy.
- Pour mixture into freezer-safe container, usually plastic containers will work. Place in freezer.
- Whisk and stir the mixture every 30-45 minutes, to create thick and creamy frozen texture. Repeat for up to 4 hours.
- Server immediately for best consistency. If your ice cream is too hard to scoop, let it warm a few minutes on the counter before scooping.
Protein 3.20g, Cals 252, Fat 25.20g, Carbs 2.80g, Fiber 0.00g — NET CARBS: 2.80g
Did you like this recipe? If you did, you’ll love my Coconut Coke Float!