My Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup
If your looking for creative ways to serve up low carb vegetables, then this right here is your pot of gold!
Broccoli Cheese Soup has always been one of my favorites. It’s warm, rich, and cheesy – whats not to love?
The best part about it is that I can enjoy this delicious recipe, while not going over board on carbs! I just had to keep my eye out for a 0-1 carb vegetable stock and heavy cream. Once I had those in my grocery cart, it was game on.
A decent amount of broccoli cheese soups call for chicken stock and whole milk so by substituting both for their vegetarian and healthier options, I was able to make this dish both veggie friendly and low carb.
And the best part is that this recipe takes no longer than 30 minutes to make! Serve it up as an appetizer or a main course.
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together stock, onions, broccoli and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Once it comes to a low boil, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and continue to coke for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in cheeses, until smooth (about 1-2 minutes). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Protein 23.85g, Cals 561, Fat 52.30g, Carbs 9.88g, Fiber 2.78g — NET CARBS: 7.10g