Low Carb Beef Stew
You’re search stop here, this is the BEST low carb beef stew! This soup has to be one of the best soups I’ve ever tasted, with tender chunks of beef that you can cut with a spoon, delicious vegetables and decadent sauce. The Worcestershire and paprika add an amazing bit of flavor to the soup that makes it an iconic beef soup.
Apart from being scrumptious, it’s a one pot meal that can feed the whole family. You can even make it a day ahead – actually, it tastes better the longer it sits.
Yes, this recipe is simple but it takes some time, non active time. However, I promise its worth the wait. You’ll start off by browning the meat to develop texture and flavor. Then emerge the meat in beef broth and spices. Finally, near the end, you add the chopped vegetables so they tenderize, color and absorb flavor.
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots , cut into 1" slices
- 4 medium celery sticks, cut into 1" slices
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown.
- Stir in beef broth, paprika, Worcestershire, garlic and onions. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low-medium heat, cover and let simmer 1½ hours.
- Add carrots and celery into pot. Cover and simmer for additional 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Protein 28.67g, Fat 16.17g, Cals 292, Carbs 5.47g, Fiber 1.50g -- NET CARBS: 3.97g