Mixed Vegetable Salad
Have you ever pierced a fork into a tossed mixed vegetable salad and instead of getting a delicious crunch, you end up with a mouth full of soggy greens? I don’t know about you, but when it happens to me, I immediately lose my appetite.
Fortunately, I collaborated with Kohl’s to get my hands on a handy kitchen tool. It’s a salad spinner that has saved me from the limp lettuce blues, and I now firmly believe that it’s an essential tool that should be in everyone’s kitchen!
Before you use a salad spinner, you want to gently rinse your salad greens off with water. Then place them into the spinner, insert the top and rotate the handle on top to spin the excess water from the greens.
I’m not kidding when I say that it’s a completely fun way to prepare a fresh, crispy vegetable salad like this one. You can use the spinner on any type of lettuce greens, so the next time I make my low carb cobb salad or my low carb rhubarb salad with blue cheese vinaigrette, you can bet that I’ll be spinning my way to deliciousness!
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, slightly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Toss all vegetables but lettuce (and any other vegetables you want) in olive oil. Top with seasonings.
- Spread on roasting pan; roast at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse, chop and spin the romaine lettuce dry using a salad spinner. If you don't have a salad spinner, pat dry with a clean towel.
- Divide clean lettuce between two large plates or four small plates.
- Top each plate with roasted vegetables and any additional seasonings, to taste.
Protein 8.00g, Fat 14.95g, Cals 229, Carbs 23.50g, Fiber 11.50g -- NET CARBS: 12.00g
#MakeYourMove and get your hands on this salad spinner from Kohl’s and enjoy this mixed vegetable salad recipe!
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl’s.