This hot sauce & veggie frittata recipe is a part of a El Yucateco #SauceOn hosted by the social shopper media company #CollectiveBias. This is my story with my opinions.
During the summer I always end up sleeping in so I’ve been prepping breakfast the night before. Some of the breakfast recipes I’ve been making are my low carb breakfast bars and low carb green smoothie.
But this weekend I was clueless of what to make and honestly wasn’t feeling anything I’ve tried before. That is, until I opened up my fridge and saw I had a left over red pepper, half an onion and a bag of cheddar cheese. And that’s when the light bulb lit! I knew I had to make a frittata. It’s so simple and flavorful.
I’m a lover of the eggs and hot sauce combination. Actually, that’s a lie.. I love combining hot sauce with just about anything!
I keep it stocked in the pantry so it’s no wonder you see hot sauce recipes on here. Hot sauce, along with red belle pepper, onion, spinach, and my favorite; cheddar cheese!
Cheddar cheese is always the perfect touch to hot and spicy eggs. I assure you that this frittata WILL become one of your breakfast favorites, because it’s versatile, healthy and tasty low carb frittata.
What’s the real secret to this frittata? It’s all in the heat. I went with one of the hottest yet modest hot sauce I know, El Yucateco Red Habanero Sauce. I was able to find at Publix in the ethnic aisle.
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup spinach
- ¾ cup red onion
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 teaspoons El Yucateco Red Habanero Sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Turn on broiler on high.
- Whisk eggs, habanero sauce,salt and pepper with a fork until mixed well; set aside.
- Oil an 9-inch or 10-inch oven-safe sauté pan. Throw in the onions, parsley, and garlic and sauté for about 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Add the spinach and allow it to wilt, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and allow it to cook for 3-5 minutes, or until set. Sprinkle cheese when eggs start to set, without stirring.
- Carefully place the pan into oven and broil for 6-7 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
Protein 10.05g, Cals 155, Fat 9.60g, Carbs 4.00g, Fiber 0.40g — NET CARBS: 3.60g
Spinach? There’s spinach? I must have missed it in the ingredients list.
Andres Regalado says
Yes, it was about 1/2 a cup of spinach. This part if flexible and can be substituted for something else that you might prefer (i.e. broccoli, kale, etc.).