I’ve been daydreaming about caramel the last few days. Caramel cheesecake, caramel candies, and caramel corn. I have a feeling that it’s because Fall is in the air. Considering there aren’t many choices for caramel treats in the low carb lifestyle, I’ve had to be creative and find a way to throw it into something easy yet appropriate.
I gave caramel corn a little more thought and that’s when I thought of caramel candied almonds! My love for caramel and sweet almonds were bound to be combined one of these days. Making my own caramel using a 0 carb sweetener was a must, which is where Swerve came in. That stuff is a life saver, no joke.
MAKE IT AT HOME
- Sweetener – Swerve Sweetener
- ½ cup sweetener
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir sweetener, butter, vanilla and almonds constantly in medium skillet on medium-high heat until light caramel color.
- Spread on greased or lined cookie sheet to crisp and cool.
- Break caramel candied almonds as desired.
- These will keep indefinitely in an airtight container.
Protein 5.00g, Cals 206, Fat 19.83g, Carbs 5.16g, Fiber 2.83g — NET CARBS: 2.33g