Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
But I was still a bit off my game from the holidays so I really had no idea of what I’d make. Luckily, when I went grocery shopping I noticed there was a surprisingly good price on ground beef and that sparked a fantabulous idea – Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup.
Tender browned ground beef, veggies, burger seasonings and cheese. I knew that was the perfect idea to try out my slow cooker. And it was!
I opted to scoop a spoon or two of mayonnaise because no cheeseburger is the same without it. I’m sure you think I’m crazy. But it actually tasted pretty darn good, but I didn’t include it in the recipe just in case it was a bit of a stretch for some of you.
When it comes to the cheese on top, theres no option, its a requirement. I mean it is called CHEESEburger soup. Now get going and give this winter and super bowl friendly dish a try!
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 3 cups beef broth
- 8 oz. tomato paste
- 1½ tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup of cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (optional)
- Brown ground beef in a large sauce pan. Halfway through, drain as much fat as you can. Continue to cook meat while adding in onions, red pepper, and celery.
- Add cooked beef mixture and remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Stir to combine. Add more beef broth should you desire.
- Put slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-5 hours. Try to stir the soup at least 2 times while in the slow cooker.
- Serve with heaping scoops of cheese. Add bacon and/or mayo if you desire.
Protein 24.73g, Fat 44.94g, Cals 565, Carbs 14.67g, Fiber 3.98g -- NET CARBS: 10.69g
NOTE: This recipe could be made without a slow cooker, but cooking times and results may differ.