LOW CARB CAULIFLOWER PIZZA
Calling pizza my favorite food is an understatement. It’s my deep passion. I know how sad that sounds.. But it’s true!Those scrumptious layers of marinara sauce, melted cheese and herbs get me every time.
Not long ago I was known to have 5-6 frozen pizzas stocked in the freezer at ALL times. I ate those frozen pizzas ritualistically. So, it’s safe to say that since being on low carb, I’ve missed my pizza.
Before I knew it I was experimenting in the kitchen to make the perfect low carb friendly pizza. It was until this low carb cauliflower pizza that I was actually satisfied, just as much as I used to be with my frozen pizzas and delivery.
This pizza is a must for all you pizza loving low carbers!
Photos and recipe updated. Originally posted in 2013.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 3 oz. tomato sauce (I used Hunt’s Tomato Sauce)
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, rice (grate) the head of cauliflower with a grater or food processor.
- Microwave riced cauliflower for 5 minutes and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, wrap cauliflower in a thin kitchen towel and wring moisture from cauliflower.
- Mix egg, ½ cup of cheese, 2 teaspoons of oregano and 2 teaspoons of dried basil with riced cauliflower.
- Pat cauliflower mix on lined pizza pan and place into oven for 25 minutes.
- Spoon tomato sauce, sprinkle ½ cup cheese, and add desired toppings. Place back into oven and cook for 5-8 minutes or until toppings have melted.
Protein 5.34g, Carbs 3.45g, Fiber 1.43g -- NET CARBS: 2.02g