Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
This isn’t your typical hash brown filled, boring casserole, it’s the low carb breakfast casserole that you’ll get requests for seconds and raves from your pickiest eaters.
This casserole is simple, easy, and a great way to start your day. Most breakfast casseroles are filled with hash browns or chunks of bread that get soggy and add unwanted carbs. We don’t want that. But I know I’d miss that lovely texture from those carbs. So I decided to sub them for steamed cauliflower and build off of the same flavors I love about frittatas.
- 11 eggs
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cut into thirds
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- ¾ lb bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 9x13 inch pan.
- Cook bacon and sausage until reaching desired doneness. Crumble both into about 1 inch pieces.
- Steam cauliflower for 3-8 minutes until tender.
- Saute onions, peppers and any other vegetables in lightly oiled skillet.
- Stir together vegetables, bacon, sausage, and seasonings.
- Spread the mixture in the pan.
- Lightly beat eggs with hot sauce, pour them into pan and top with cheese.
- Bake casserole 30-35 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Protein 34.21g, Fat 38.84g, Cals 455, Carbs 5.66g, Fiber 0.80g -- NET CARBS: 4.86g