These low carb chocolate salted caramel bars are rich in taste and moderate in carbs! It really makes for the perfect treat when your craving a sweet and salty dessert.
The home-made caramel is delicious and can honestly be eaten even alone. The texture isn’t completely perfect but I think it’s pretty close!
I’ve tried this recipe a million and a half different ways, but this version has proven to be the best. It’s a must try!
Low Carb Chocolate Salted Caramel Bars
Author: Andres Regalado
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2.5 Cups of Almond Meal
- ½ Cup of Sweetener
- ½ Cup of Hersheys Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 12 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2.5 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ Teaspoon of Xanthan Gum
- 2 Teaspoons of Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- ¼ Cup of Xylitol
- ½ Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¾ Cup of Sweetener
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Tablespoon of Caramel Extract (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 325
- Mix together almond meal, coconut flour, sweetener, salt, butter (cut into four separate pieces), and vanilla until well blended and chunky
- Use non-stick spray on an 8x8 baking pan and lightly press the crust into the pan
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm
- Begin caramel sauce by combining water, xylitol, and sweetener in a sauce pan over medium-hot heat; Stirring until well blended
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook for about 8 minutes, or until mixture is a brown color; Mixture growing in size and bubbling extensively is normal
- Remove from heat and stir in molasses, whipping cream, butter, and salt
- Slowly add in the xanthan gum, making sure to remove all lumps
- Once the crust is out of the oven add chocolate chips to make a complete layer
- Pour caramel sauce over the chocolate chips and bake for an additional 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt
- Cut and ENJOY!
Serving size: 1 square (Total recipe makes 16 servings)[br]Protein 4.50g, Carbs 9.50g, Fiber 3.43g, Sugar Alcohol 2.80g -- NET CARBS: 3.20g
Frau Monster says
looks soooo yummy
The Low Carb Diet says
They are delicious and definitely a must try recipe!