Sugar Free & Low Carb Cinnamon “Sugar” Doughnuts
The other day someone brought a box of delicious looking carb loaded doughnuts to the office. With little surprise, the buzz flew and before I knew it there was email after email reminding everyone that we had every doughnut imaginable like glazed, filled, and the infamous cinnamon sugar.
I can’t lie.. I did take a long gander over at the box when taking the long walk to the water jug, at least three times. Needless to say, I was craving doughnuts.
Once this last weekend came around I knew the first thing on my to do list was developing a low carb cinnamon sugar doughnut recipe that would please my diet and taste buds. I won’t lie and say I got it on the first time, because I didn’t. It took me three times and over three dozen doughnuts until I got the recipe to it’s delicious state as it is now.
Make it at home
- Doughnut Pan – Norpro Mini Doughnut Pan
- Sweetener – Swerve Sweetener
- Protein Powder – Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder
- For the Doughnuts:
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup sweetener
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- For the Coating:
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup sweetener
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350. Spray one 12-cup mini donut pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, ....sweetener, protein powder, baking powder cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the melted butter, heavy cream, eggs, vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into a large plastic bag and cut the corner off. Pipe the batter into the mini doughnut pan, filling each a little more than ½ of the way.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until donuts are lightly browned.
- Melt butter in one bowl and in a separate bowl combine remaining sweetener and cinnamon.
- Dip each doughnut in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon "sugar" to coat.
Protein 12.46g, Cals 103, Fat 10.11g, Carbs 1.58g, Fiber 0.75g — NET CARBS: 0.80g
Do you love cinnamony desserts? Then try my low carb snickerdoodle cookies or snickerdoodle cake. 39