I swapped all the decadent chocolate in my famous low carb cookies recipe for buttery pecans and a decent dose of cinnamon. These little warm and inviting cookies are slightly (more like EXTREMELY) addictive.
They taste delicious warm, just a few minutes after coming out of the oven. I know from experience, having eaten a handful of them right off the cooling racks. But warm or cool, they taste fantastic!
These tasty cookies work well for breakfast or as a sweet treat after dinner. For some odd reason I find myself craving them more so in the morning though. I think the cravings for them come from the tasty dash of cinnamon.
One thing to keep in mind is that they don’t spread much, so be sure to shape them down into flat discus before you put them in the oven.
And if you like these, you’ll probably love my low carb snickerdoodle cookies.
Cinnamon Pecan Cookie Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line one 8x8" baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together almond flour, coconut flour baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low-medium speed, cream butter, sweetener, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until evenly mixed. Stir in pecans, slowly.
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges.
- Cool in pan for 2-3 minutes on wire rack. Cut into 12 bars.
Serving size: 1 Serving (Total recipe makes 12 servings)
Protein 3.17g, Cals 138, Fat 12.88g, Carbs 4.25g, Fiber 2.29g — NET CARBS: 1.96g