My Low-Carb Lemon Cake Recipe
This tangy lemon cake is made with freshly squeezed lemon zest, lemon juice, and full fat greek yogurt. I decided to incorporate two of those into the delicious glaze. Considering the family’s love for lemons, this was a complete hit!
I know everyone was spectacle of trying a “healthy” and “low carb” lemon cake, but after the first bite, they couldn’t stop! This loaf is bursting with juicy lemon-y flavor, and melt-in-your-mouth goodness.
I promise you that after the first bite, you’ll find out whether you have any self discipline, or not in my case.
Make it at home
- Lemon Juicer – Aluminum Lemon Squeezer (LOVE IT!)
- Lemon Zester – OXO Good Grips Zester (Essential!)
- Almond Flour – Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ cup full fat greek yogurt (Fage)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons full fat greek yogurt (Fage)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease (8" x 4" x 2") loaf pans.
- Cream butter and sweetener in a medium bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. One at a time, add the eggs and then lemon zest.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Then combine flour mixture with lemon juice, yogurt, and vanilla. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes then remove from pan.
- For the topping, combine all ingredients until mixed well. Pour over the top of the cake and alow the glaze to fall down the sides naturally.
Protein 7.00g, Cals 150, Carbs 6.75g, Fiber 2.25g, Sugar Alcohol 0.00g — NET CARBS: 4.50g