LOW CARB CEREAL
I haven’t had cereal for breakfast yet alone at all in over 2 years. I’m sure you know why! It’s because 99.99% of cereals are grain and sugar loaded. As I’m sure you already know, in living a low carb lifestyle you reduce or reframe from eating reasonable amounts of sugar and grains. Since the majority of cereals contains at least 20 carbs per serving, it’ll stay off my menu.
Just because I understand I can’t have it doesn’t mean I crave it! When I was planning this months Better Breakfast Month posts for The Low Carb Diet, I couldn’t help but remember a tasty bowl of cereal. At that point, I knew I had to think of a simple cereal recipe that was still low carb friendly.
After throwing around a few ideas and combinations, I came up with this recipe for super flexible low carb cereal. Why is it super flexible you might ask? Well, you can easily change the nuts and berries to fit you preferences and add anything else you may think sounds tasty!
MAKE IT AT HOME
- Sweetener – Swerve Sweetener
- 2 strawberries, sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- 3 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweetener (or to taste)
- Mix ingredients in a small bowl until evenly combined.
- Serve with unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, soy) or however you prefer.
Protein 7.88g, Cals 308, Fat 32.59g, Carbs 12.96g, Fiber 5.79g — NET CARBS: 7.17g
Leave a Reply