Low Carb Pumpkin Pie
It’s officially Fall, my favorite time of year. Fall in Florida brings a nice breeze and much (MUCH) less rain. Do you know what else fall brings? I bet you do.. Pumpkin pie! Well, low carb pumpkin pie to be exact.
It’ll cure your cravings for a healthy, yet decadent creamy pumpkin pie with the same memorable flavors as grandma’s recipe. I know I’ve been craving a yummy pumpkin pie for quite a few weeks and now that it’s officially Fall I finally have an excuse.
This recipe has a delicious almond based pie crust which packs some protein and fiber. I choose pumpkin puree over the pumpkin pie filling because it has far less carbs and still brings the necessary pumpkin base. Depending on your pumpkin pie preferences, you can add cloves or ginger.
MAKE IT AT HOME
- Sweetener – Swerve Sweetener
- Almond flour – Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- Pumpkin Puree – Libbys Pure Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Pie Pan – Anchor Hocking Glass 9-Inch Pie Plate
- 2¼ cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons sweetener
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven at 350.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all crust ingredients until dough forms.
- Press dough into 9-inch pan and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- In a mixer, beat together eggs.
- Add in pumpkin puree, vanilla, spices, and sweetener. Mix well.
- Add in heavy cream until fully combined.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick (or knife) inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
Protein 10.63g, Cals 369, Fat 33.38g, Carbs 12.26g, Fiber 5.88g — NET CARBS: 6.38g