Low Carb Chicken Salad
Chicken Salad is one of the most versatile dishes out there. If you’ve tried it at a few different grocery stores or restaurants, then you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about!
Each chicken salad is made differently: ground, chunky, shredded, filled with onions, nuts, and tons of other ingredients. Considering that everyone is going to like their chicken salad a little different, I won’t bother saying this chicken salad is “the best” or “the original.”
Instead, I’ll let you use this recipe as a starting point for making this your own low carb chicken salad. Just add and subtract whatever tastes right to you.
This recipe is a favorite in my household. Something about it is just so fancy and delectable. While it makes a perfect lunch at a picnic, I love to make a batch just for me whenever I need a treat.
The chicken is shredded, which means it has a a subtle presence in the salad. You can cut the leave the chicken cubed for a stronger chicken flavor. But I like letting the onions and fresh herbs to shine.
Make it at home
- Dijon – Dijon Mustard
- 2 cups chicken, shredded
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together celery, onions and chicken.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, pecans, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Add dill and any other herbs of your choosing.
- Pour dressing mayonnaise dressing over the chicken and vegetable mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
Protein 18.89g, Cals 576, Fat 54.69g,Carbs 1.80g, Fiber 0.90g — NET CARBS: 0.90g