Low Carb & Sugar Free Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet
Considering that Summer is right around the corner and the heat is coming in strong (at least it is here in Florida) I’m in need of a nice refresher. And nothing beats a cold glass of strawberry lemonade. Well, that is until I had a scoop of Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet. This sugar free sorbet has all the same refreshing flavors, but in a smooth sorbet form. Give me another scoop!
I’m absolutely in love with the slight tartness from the lemon combined with the sweetness of the strawberries and water-syrup. This low carb sorbet is a perfect refresher on a hot summer day.
I know a lot of people don’t have an ice cream maker, including myself and that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be able to have the pleasure of devouring delicious frozen desserts. If you are one of the lucky few to have an ice cream maker, than feel free to pop the puree into your ice cream maker right after step 3 and skip the stirring in step 5.
Make it at home
- Blender/Processor – Ninja Master Prep Blender, Chopper and Ice Crusher
- Sweetener – Swerve Sweetener
- Lemon Juicer – Lemon Squeezer
- ½ cup water
- ⅔ cup sweetener
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 cups strawberries, chopped
- Prepare an ice bath large enough one of your small metal mixing bowls.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sweetener and water. Stir until the mixture begins to boil and all of the sweetener has dissolved. Transfer the mixture to a small metal mixing bowl set over the ice bath.
- Puree strawberries, lemon juice and water mixture in a powerful blender or food processor.
- Place in a freezer safe container, covered tightly.
- Freeze until firm (about 3-4 hours), stirring with a fork every hour.
Protein 0.83g, Cals 41.67, Fat 0.33g, Carbs 10.50g, Fiber 2.45g — NET CARBS: 8.05g