Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
This slow cooker lemon garlic chicken is tender, juicy, and full of flavor. It comes together quickly and cooks itself while you’re off doing what needs to be done for the day.
The lemon and garlic add bright color and flavor to the chicken.
Oh, and of course, the garlic will help keep away vampires, too. One can never be too careful.
Using a slow cooker is one of the easiest ways to have a meal ready to eat when you get home from a busy day. Aside of the ease in preparing slow cooker meals, if you use healthy ingredients like skinless chicken breasts, low sodium stocks and vegetables, the meals can be nutritious and delicious, too.
- 2 pounds of chicken breast
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (I used this juicer
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- In small-medium bowl, mix all seasonings together. Rub seasonings onto both sides of each chicken breast.
- Grease skillet over medium heat and brown seasoned chicken on both sides (7-10 minutes).
- Place each cooked chicken breast in slow cooker. Top each breast with a slice of lemon and place any remaining slices in between or under the chicken.
- Pour chicken broth over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Serving size: 1 serving (Total recipe makes 12 servings)
Protein 9.00g, Fat 1.40g, Cals 65, Carbs 2.75g, Fiber 1.40g -- NET CARBS: 1.75g