Sesame Crusted Tofu
Living low carb can often feel limiting so when I find something that fits my diet I jump to try it. Which is exactly what happened when I found that tofu is actually low carb, nutritious and high in protein. Before trying it I had this stigma that it was going taste and smell strange if not fishy.
It actually doesn’t have any strange scent or taste. Which actually leads to one of tofu’s main benefits, which I wasn’t familiar with; it absorbs flavor extremely well. This is why I decided to make a decadent sauce that would bring flavor into my sesame crusted tofu.
I prefer using shelf-stable tofu because it doesn’t need to be refrigerated and lasts a long time, without the need of any preservatives, draining or pressing. There is a decent variety for almost any function including soft, firm, extra firm, organic, etc.
For this entree I went with firm and extra firm because of the texture and firmness while cooking. It’s great to keep in the pantry, especially when your sick of the same old low carb options that many of us are use to.
Make it at home
- 1 (12 oz) package Mori-Nu firm or extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Slice tofu into ½"-1" cubes.
- Stir sesame seeds together and spread onto plate. One at a time, press cubes of tofu into sesame seeds.
- Heat about 2 tablespoon sesame oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Place about half of tofu cubes on pan and cook until golden, 3-5 minutes per side. Add about 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove tofu from pan and repeat process with remaining tofu.
- Mix all sauce ingredients and serve with cauliflower rice or other veggies.
Protein 16.00g, Cals 497, Fat 39.00g, Carbs 10.25g, Fiber 2.65g — NET CARBS: 7.60g
Your Chance to Try it! – Mori-Nu Tofu Giveaway
25 lucky winners will be receiving:
- $100 Visa gift card
- Mori-Nu Tofu recipe book ($20)
- 6 packs of assorted Mori-Nu Tofu ($10)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mori-nu. The opinions and text are all mine.