Low Carb Sugar Cookies
With the Holidays coming, I keep spotting holiday-decorated cookies while visiting the grocery store. Finally I decided it was time to create my own low carb recipe when I got home.
These Low Carb Sugar Cookies are the result over those sugary cookie cravings! They’re soft, buttery and bring back those tasty holiday memories. But they don’t contain any sugar, refined flour or butter.
The low carb take on the classic sugar cookie won’t leave you missing all the extra carbs of the original full carb version. This is a cake-like cookie that we are confident will become a cookie go-to in your home!
At only a few carbs per cookie, you won’t even feel guilty for indulging!
When I shared these with my family they couldn’t even taste the difference. They didn’t even realize that I swapped traditional butter for Earth Balance for an interesting dairy free friendly change.
It can be made to be vegan if you substitute the egg with well known alternatives.
Another great example of using Earth Balance instead of butter can be found in this delicious Heirloom Tomato Tart recipe. As it may not be low carb it is an interesting recipe to share with friends or family.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup sweetener
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Earth Balance, softened*
- 1 egg
- Cream together butter and sweetener. Add egg, vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Slowly add baking powder, salt, and almond flour, beating well after each addition. Cover and chill dough for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheet; flatten dough balls to form discs with fingers or by covering with plastic wrap and lightly pressing. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 13-16 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack.
For additional details on swapping and seeing health benefits visit this link.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Earth Balance. The opinions and text are all mine.