Low Carb Shortbread Cookies
I’m a cookie lover. I’d rather have a batch of cookies over cake and frosting any day. Unlike my low carb chocolate chip cookies or low carb snickerdoodles, these low carb shortbread cookies aren’t overly sweet and are a bit more crunch to them. They’re a great change from the traditional cookie recipes and the texture is on point.
You only need 4 ingredients, all of which you probably have on hand. Butter, almond flour, sweetener (I used Swerve), and vanilla extract. Then you just mix, roll, cut and bake. These cookies may be simple but they sure are delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter, extract and sweetener.
- Add flour to mixture and continue to mix until dough forms.
- Roll dough out onto lightly floured (almond or coconut) surface until about ⅓ inch thick.
- Cut into rounds and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow to cool on pan for at least 5 minutes.
Protein 2.45g, Fat 10.20g, Cals 105, Carbs 2.40g, Fiber 1.20g -- NET CARBS: 1.20g