Low Carb Cauliflower Soup
Considering that football season is in full swing, I wanted to share a tasty tailgating appetizer. But chicken wings and chips are so overplayed and with fall having recently started we’re getting quite chilly.
With both of those in mind I sought out a new way to think of Monday night football food while incorporating warm, filling and good for you food.
I want to do something totally different, meat- and dairy-free. And BANG! That’s when I thought of doing a simple and easy soup recipe. You just need a little more than a handful of ingredients and less than an hour to make it.
I like to think of it as the love child of everyone’s favorite football recipes, low carb chili and cauliflower bites. It gives you plenty of time to spend with your guests. All you have to do is serve it up and let them enjoy some warm comfort food while watching the game.
I did utilize Silk Soy Milk to give it a creamier tasty and feel, it really took the recipe from a 7 to a 10. If your looking for more meat- and dairy-free recipes feel free to visit www.silk.com/sidelinemeat.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, pealed and chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup Silk Soy Milk
- 1 cup onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat large oiled sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onions and cook for about 7-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add vegetable stock, cauliflower, zucchini, and seasonings.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low simmer for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are moderately soft.
- Slowly stir in Silk and serve.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.