Low Carb Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Lately I’ve been posting a few Fall inspired recipes, since Thanksgiving is just days away. I love Thanksgiving, love the smell of cooked turkey, laughter of family and pumpkin pie. Low carb pumpkin pie, that is.
Aside from the turkey and pumpkin pie, I love my mashed potatoes. I was good last year and was able to skip right past it, not with ease though. But this year I know it’s coming and I’m coming prepared with low carb cauliflower mashed potatoes. YUM!
Luckily, this recipe this easy and tasty recipe wont have me unbuttoning any buttons to make room or terrible feel like I’m missing out feeling. I seriously can’t wait to show off this tasty cauliflower mash to the family this year.
I’m sure they’ll squeal and refuse to try it at first but they’ll come around. And when they do, they’ll wonder why they should ever eat regular mashed potatoes again.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave cauliflower and water for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Place cauliflower, garlic and butter in food processor
- Add seasonings to taste. Pulse until contents are mostly smooth and scrape the sides as needed.
- Serve immediately.
Protein 2.95g, Fat 12.40g, Cals 142, Carbs 8.05g, Fiber 3.10g -- NET CARBS: 4.95g