Yellow Squash Lemon Pesto Pasta
Lemon and pesto dishes always seem to be a summertime favorite of mine. But one thing I’ve never tried is combining those two things into one ultimate summer dish. Considering that Summer is right around the corner, I thought I’d go ahead and perfect it before I go off on vacation.
After adjusting some of the common pesto ingredients and deciding to leave out pine nuts. I was able to create a perfect and delicious pairing that is sure to please every time.
The best part about pesto is that it’s totally adjustable to your taste. Feel free to throw the pine nuts back into this recipe, add a little extra lemon, switch out yellow squash for zucchini or maybe try half Romano and half Parmesan.
Make it at home
- Julienne Peeler - OXO Julienne Peeler
- 1 cup basil, tightly packed
- ⅓ cup parmesan
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 yellow squash, cut into noodles
- Place the basil and pulse for a few moments in a food.
- Add in the garlic, cheese, lemon zest and pulse a few times more.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and pulse until well combined.
- Toss with yellow squash noodles until all noodles are evenly coated.
Protein 9.75g, Cals 334, Fat 21.50g, Carbs 15.40g, Fiber 4.25g — NET CARBS: 11.15g