Today’s recipe is on behalf of #CollectiveBias and the #GladeHolidayMood campaign, but all the Christmas Scents love expressed here is mine.
These cookies are as soft as my favorite low carb chocolate chip cookies, as buttery as my low carb shortbread cookies, and as delicious as low carb cookies can get. These moist buttery cookies are a real dream come true.
No experience with piping bags? Don’t worry! Simply use a butter knife or spoon to frost the tops. No fancy shmancy skills required. Your cookies will turn out perfectly tasty in no time!
As you may have noticed, I’m a cookie lover. Just in the last month I’ve whipped up 3 tasty low carb cookie recipes. I’m sure my cravings for cookies lately are because Noche Buena and Christmas are approaching.
Every year we have dessert tables filled with tons of cookies, pies, cakes and candy. How can I not daydream? But this year I’ve decided to come prepared with my own sugar free frosted cookies. Watch out carb-loaded, sugar-filled sweets!
I got the inspiration for frosted cookies when I dropped by Publix and saw the newest Glade® scent, Frosted Cookie Party™. It was meant to be! Gingerbread Jingle™ and Apple Cinnamon Cheer™sound really tasty too so I definitely think those are next on my must try candles.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup confectioners/powder style sweetener
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ⅓ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3 drops fool coloring (optional)
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sweetener. Add eggs, vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add baking powder, salt, and almond flour, beating well after each addition. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheet; flatten dough balls to form discs with fingers or by covering with plastic wrap and lightly pressing. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack.
- Whisk together all frosting ingredients until smooth. Whisk in additional sweetener as necessary, 1 tablespoon at a tim, until you reach your desired taste.*
- Once cookies are completely cool, pipe frosting onto cookies and/or spread using butter knife.
Serving size: 1 serving (Total recipe makes 16 servings)
Protein 3.65g, Fat 16.88g, Cals 170, Carbs 3.09g, Fiber 1.50g -- NET CARBS: 1.59g