Cinnamon Scones Recipe
With Christmas approaching, I can’t help but crave cinnamon and cookies nearly everyday. So, I just couldn’t stop myself from trying a cinnamon scones recipe. These scones are sweet and tender yet slightly crispy, they would remind you of a tasty cinnamon roll mixed with one of my scrumptious low carb snickerdoodle cookies, but breakfast friendly. YUM!
The scones are generously sprinkled with sweetened cinnamon before baking and then drizzled with a sweet glaze right right out of the oven. They’re just loaded with sweet cinnamon goodness.
What better way to start off your morning then with one of these tasty cinnamon scones? I can’t think of a better way than enjoying one of these with a nice warm cup of jo while watching one of my regular house hunting or renovation shows on TV. Call me simple.
- 2½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup sweetener (I used Swerve)
- ⅓ cup butter, softened and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (I used Swerve)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered/confectioners sweetener (I used Swerve Confectioners)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, begin mixing scone ingredients such as almond flour, sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Then add creamed mixture to flour mixture, stirring until combined well.
- To shape scones, transfer dough to parchment lined cookie sheet. Press dough into about an 8-inch circle.
- Combine all cinnamon topping ingredients. Sprinkle over the top of the circular dough, patting lightly.
- Cut dough into 8 triangular wedges placing them evenly apart on the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light brown. Let cool on wire rack.
- Stir together ingredients for glaze and drizzle over cooled scones.
Protein 9.19g, Fat 26.51g, Cals 296, Carbs 8.53g, Fiber 4.34g -- NET CARBS: 4.19g