Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yes, I know – it sounds pretty odd. I bet your either really interested to hear more or pretty disgusted right about now. Well the votes are in and these Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies were scrumptious!
Good doesn’t even cover it, they are amazing. They have to be one of the best chocolate chip cookies I have made in a long time, especially considering they’re vegan.
I’ve been wanting to try to make some vegan cookies with healthy fat for quite some time. Not one of those nasty sugar filled and chalky cookies. But one of those moist, chewy and chocolaty cookies that makes you feel like your not missing out on life.
You know what the best part of these cookies is? THEY’RE LOW CARB! Yup, low carb, sugar free, and totally delicious. I couldn’t ask for anything else.
Make it at home
- Sweetener – Swerve Sweetener
- Protein Powder – Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder
- Cocoa Powder – Hershey’s Cocoa
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips – Hershey’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 3 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 scoop protein powder (preferably chocolate)
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup flax meal
- ⅓ cup sweetener
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened coco powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray non-stick cooking spray on two baking sheets.
- In a small-medium size bowl mix almond flour, flax meal, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl combine mashed avocados and sweetener. Mix in flour mixture to mashed avocados until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon tablespoon size cookie dough balls onto baking sheet leaving about 1½ inches apart from each other. For best results, flatten each cookie with a spatula.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges have set. Throw on a few extra chocolate chips (optional) and set aside to cool.
Protein 4.72g, Cals 143, Fat 10.86g,Carbs 9.44g, Fiber 4.28g, Sugar Alcohols 3.10g — NET CARBS: 2.06g
NOTE: Please feel free to use no or less cocoa powder. I like the added cocoa taste so I decided to throw it in but feel free to do without.